Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Summertime at the Grotto

Looking back at my phone's photo album this morning, I realize just how much we did and just how short summer really was. The temperature here is currently in the teens which is making me feel it even more. Here is a look back at a few of the adventures we went on while it was still bright, sunny, and warm. 

Shortly after our trip to St. Louis for the 4th, Erik and I went to visit my brother and sister-in-law. While there, I wanted to show Erik the Grotto of the Redemption. This is a famous little spot back home that, being from a Catholic school, we would take a class trip to about once a year. I have fond memories of running around this small labyrinth of stony paths and staring in awe at all the shiny stones. 

The swans weren't as feisty as this sign leads you to believe


Looking up at the inside of the dome




Saddie's niece and nephew came along. They are both so sweet!













Gotcha! Had to sneak a photo in before he realized it!








This really is an amazing place and a small wonder. All the small intricate details and hard work that has gone into and continues to go into this project is awesome. If you ever swing through West Bend, Iowa I recommend you stop in.

We took Bossman along with us so he could have fun with his cousin puppies. After a small spat over a toy and an emergency trip to the vet over a scratched eye, which turned out to be fluff - thank goodness - they had fun ganging up on people.


It's grandpa's turn!


No comments:

Post a Comment