Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Victory!

I ran the RiverRun 5k this past Sunday and it was a blast! I have to admit that I wanted to throw-up before the race - I was so nervous! Since this was my first race and I did zero training, my goal was to finish in under 30 minutes. I made it! I finished in 29:40! I did walk twice - no one said there would be hills. The list of people that beat me included a 6 year old, an overweight bald guy, and a lady that ran with her arms curled up like chicken wings (I love funny runners). I hope to beat the overweight guy next year.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a great accomplishment for never having trained

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been doing a bootcamp recently, but little running. I guess body weight squats do more that I thought!

    ReplyDelete