Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Amish and The Terminator

Yesterday myself, Raquel, Dalyz, and Abba-Dabba-Do-Me went down to the local Amish hub, Kalona. They all met at my place at 8:30am and I greeted them with Caramel Macchiatos. Oh gosh, were those good - thanks Starbucks! Then we headed out for our drive to K-town, which was hilarious, but you would have had to been there. Erik actually grew up in Kalona and we lived there for a short while, so its always fun to visit. No we are not Amish, most of their community lives in the country.

We hit up the famous Bakery for breakfast and it is one of the more delicious places you'll ever go! After our hearty Amish breakfast, we headed just outside of town to one of the Amish nurseries. This is a pretty well know secret around here, so you always have to come early to find what you want. By Mother's Day, there's nothing left! There was so much beauty there, that it inspired me to once again try my hand at keeping something green alive. Wish me luck - I give this poor unsuspecting 'Summer Wave Blue' Torenia Hybrid about a 50/50 shot.

Not my Torenia - but one of the other beauties at the Nursery.


Bosley hasn't seen his girlfriend, Rosie (Dalyz's Golden), since the surgery, and Dalyz thinks its a mortal sin that I haven't seen any of the Terminator movies, so Erik and I went over for a cook out last night. While everything was cooking we sat around the fire pit. It was a bit cold but well worth it. Plus, the dogs got to run around the yard. We had Nathan's Hotdogs, pineapple brats, and strawberry pretzel dessert. This dessert is a must try - perfect combination of salty and sweet!


The movie was okay. Definitely entertaining and I was happy Arnold only had a handful of lines. The highlight of the movie for me was when Bosley climbed up on the back of the couch and started snoring in my ear.


I also run my first 5k race today - wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck today! Let us know how you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog post title definitely caught my attention! Sounds like a great Saturday, Betty will be sad to find out Bosley has a gf

    ReplyDelete