Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mortally Wounded

I have a horrible nail biting habit. Whenever I'm stressed I just go to town on those puppies until they are almost gone. Its gotten so bad, I barely notice when I'm doing it any more. My friend Kelly, has been really getting on me about getting my nails in better shape. I've been self conscious of how they look so it took a lot of convincing to get me to get a manicure. Plus, they really didn't have much to work with.
Once I got there I decided to go all out and get a full set of acrylics. I've had them before but they didn't last long. Its been about five or six weeks now and they were holding up so well! Until I tried to close a window. That sucker fought back and I took a beating!


My fingers slipped right off the edge and it felt like all of my nails were ripped off! My fingers are still throbbing a bit but luckily I escaped my fight with only a chip. That nail is now a deadly sharp weapon so I'll have to be careful until I can get it fixed. Hopefully I can keep my awkward, accident prone self in check long enough to prevent further injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment